Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Part 2: Top, Spring


 Using a dress as a top isn't the most common remix, but in this case it served my purpose perfectly.  I am seriously lacking in summer staple pieces (mainly tops that are work appropriate).  As a result, I was having a hard time pairing this beautiful J Crew skirt I thrifted with anything in my closet.  This dress provided a simple top and its full bottom gave some lift to my skirt.  The twirl-capabilities were endless - and that inspired me to do this:

 Dress worn as top: Body Shop; Skirt: Thrifted, J Crew; Belt: Anthro; Necklace: local jewelry maker; Shoes: Rampage

Oh blogging, what have you done with my pride?



Hope everyone is having a great week - and not getting tired of this series.  Two more looks (and seasons) to go!  

9 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet outfit! I adore that skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much - I'm hoping to get a few more wears out of it before fall sets in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I just checked our your blog for the first time - you have such cute projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this skirt is beyond adorable. so happy i found your blog. i'm totally following. I'd love if you'd check out my celebrity fashion and style blog and see if your interested in following. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    For all the latest fashion news from a southern girl making it as an LA stylist follow on facebook.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fash-Boulevard/137375899661727

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your skirt is gorgeous!

    Dont forget to enter my $100 Nordstroms giftcard + Nars Polish giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovee that skirt! So cute <3

    xoxo,

    Bonnie

    http://flashesofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely skirt my dear! You are just a ball of sunshine! (PS-Want to win a pair of shoes? Enter at http://www.rubygirlblog.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty skirt! Love the necklace!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    www.HauteKhuuture.com


    p.s. Giveaway on my blog- Enter to win a FREE pair of shoes!!

    ReplyDelete