Thursday, July 7, 2011

Plumage - Prissy Plaid

Skirt: second-hand (gifted from aunt); Shirt: Gap, thrifted; Earrings: Ireland

Through this whole fashion blogging experience (as a reader and a writer) perhaps the biggest change I've seen in my own style has been the way I mentally categorize my clothes.  I find myself looking at my wardrobe as endless possible combinations rather than as a series of tops, bottoms, and dresses with limited applications.  This has allowed me to blur the lines between "work wear" and "weekend wear" which has basically doubled my wardrobe without me having to spend a dollar.  

For example, this shirt was a fun thrift find that I immediately rotated into my Saturday lounging/Sunday brunch outfits, but it took a few weeks before I decided to introduce it to my Monday-Friday pieces.  This skirt was so sweetly given to me by my aunt when I started temping at my now job.  I went home desperately searching for office wear, and she bestowed me with my very first pencil skirt.  In my mind, these two pieces were on opposite ends of my wardrobe spectrum, but I think they pair together surprisingly well.  

Little steps, one outfit at a time.



1 comment:

  1. So cute! You did a fine job bringing your casual pieces into your business attire. Really really cute! More bang for your buck :)

    ReplyDelete