Friday, June 24, 2011

Plumage - Men's Shirt



This may be my favorite shirt.  It's certainly my most comfortable button-up.  It's actually a men's shirt.  From Goodwill.  That my best friend/former roommate gave me when I needed some "office appropriate" wear, before I had time to properly transition my wardrobe.  It’s not the most flattering shirt.  In fact, I took one of the worst photos in recent memory wearing it recently.  But nevertheless, I love it. 



Shirt: American Eagle, thrift gift; Dress (worn as a skirt): American Eagle; Belt: Anthro; Shoes: Sahara; Earrings: F21 

Especially paired with this dress (worn as a skirt).  The rich cranberry and dark blue play together so nicely.  And that’s my favorite belt.  I feel like the pieces in my closet that become my favorites aren’t necessarily the most flattering.  They are comfortable, and pretty, and as of late, the best thrifting finds.  They are what I would wear even if I was all alone and dressing only for myself, and even though I’m glad I own a growing collection of pretty party dresses, stiletto heels, and pencil skirts  - it’s really these gems that become the wardrobe of my daily (non-working) life.

No comments:

Post a Comment