Monday, June 13, 2011

Plumage - Parisian Badass



This outfit was born from this scarf.  

thrifted it a few months ago, and although I have roughly 30+ scarves, this is my first traditional, silk one, and I was having a difficult time styling it (instead of simply tying it onto my purse for decoration).  I decided that even though I had no idea what to do with it, one of those perpetually and effortless French women would know exactly how to wear it, so I channeled my inner Chanel, and voila.



Button-up: Cato; Skirt: Modcloth; Boots: hand-me-downs from my aunt; Scarf: thrifted; Earrings: gift from an ex.

My French outfit guide instructed me to wear black, pointed toe flats, but I was already getting annoyed at her input (and the fact that she reeked of cigarette smoke, wore sunglasses inside, and wouldn’t eat any of the delicious cobbler I offered her), so I slipped on boots instead.  My feet were warm, my tattoos were covered, and I felt slightly badass chic. 



Au revoir lovies J

2 comments:

  1. Wow that skirt is marvelous !
    The color is just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much - it's linen, so it wrinkles very easily, but it's always worth the time it takes to iron it :)

    ReplyDelete