Monday, March 7, 2011

Flight Report - Epic Weekend

Happy Monday everyone!  I am honestly pretty happy to get back to work, if for no other reason than just to be back on a normal sleeping/eating/living (blogging) schedule.  This weekend was amazing, but I am completely exhausted. I'll give you a run-down of the festivities, but allow me to apologize in advance for the lack of photos - I was enjoying myself too much to break out the camera during most of my adventures.

Friday evening after work, the roommate, the boy, and I headed to visit friends (my former roomie and her bf that I talked about in a previous post).  The five of us then went to see Dark Star Orchestra - a Grateful Dead cover band.  Fun fact: The boy is a HUGE dead head (although I'm pretty sure he hates that term haha).  The best part of the show was when they played "If I Had the World to Give" which has become "our" song.  GD only played it live 3 times ever, so it was pretty insane that DSO covered it and that we were there to hear it.  



Saturday, before heading back home, the roomie, the boy and I went to see the new Picasso exhibit at The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.  It was huge and impressive, with 11 rooms full of his pieces.  My favorite by far was a series of photographs he took (that were later discovered and developed by another source) white he was painting "Guernica".  They show's the painting's progression in 10 frames, and while I still aspire to see the original piece in the near future, they served as a moving substitute.  

Once we arrived back home, the boy and I walked downtown and met my dad and step-mom for dinner.  They came to town to celebrate my new job by taking us to the Melting Pot (!).  I was a MPV (melting pot virgin) and I ate like an MVP - I basically waddled home, stuffed on cheesy bread, lobster, duck, and creme brulee covered cheesecake (to only name a few of my favorites).

After dinner (and a quick wardrobe change), the boy and I spent the rest of the evening hanging out with friends and going to another concert (Perpetual Groove).  By the time we made it home, well past 2 AM, I fell into bed and right to sleep.  

At the PGroove show - (don't ask me what's going on with his smile or the shadow on his beard haha - yet, still adorable)


Sunday was all about recouping and getting everything straight for the week ahead (plus a well-timed nap and some catching up on my hulu and google reader lists).  

I had such an amazing time and got to see so many of my favorite people, but I am looking forward to a quieter week (the only thing currently on the calendar is a dinner/movie date with the boy on Wednesday).  I do plan to join the gym (now that I'm an official employee I get a full gym membership!) and hopefully work off some of that fondue feast . . .

Hope all of you had an eventful or relaxing weekend!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment