Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Plumage - Since I Can't Fly South

Here I am bundled up in my kitchen.  On the nights that I decide to stay in (usually to do laundry and make soup), there are only a few brief minutes between walking in the door and stripping off my work clothes in favor of my Victoria's Secret sweat pants.  However, when I wear this sweater dress to work, it typically manages to remain on my body until bedtime because it is the snuggliest thing I own (VS sweats excluded).  Paired with my favorite pashmina, it made the perfect outfit for a particularly cold and windy Monday.  



Dress: Tulle, bought at a local boutique (Finch); Tights: Forever 21.  Boots: Steve Madden, Christmas present from my Mother - bought seriously on sale (65% off) at Belk on Black Friday.  Pashmina - gift from my step-mom.  Earrings - gift from an ex-bf - bought at a craft festival last fall.   

Can I just say how much I'm looking forward to "springing forward" this upcoming weekend?  Even if it takes the weather a little longer to catch up, extended daylight always represents the beginning of Spring for me.  I am so excited about being able to take Jake to the dog park every day after work so he can burn off some of his energy (he's been a bit of a wild man this past week). 

Also, more daylight means more outdoor (and therefore more interesting) outfit shots.  Thanks for bearing with me through the dark, blurry, indoor ones!

I hope everyone's week is moving along nicely!

Love you lovies - 
Amanda    

No comments:

Post a Comment