Monday, March 21, 2011

Flight Report - Thrifty

This weekend was incredibly relaxing.  I feel ready (and excited) to jump back into another week of work and posting - so let's kick this off with a recap.

Like I said, this weekend was pretty low-key.  Friday night I hung out with the roomie and got (a much needed) 12 hours of sleep.  Saturday, after a big cup of coffee and some blog reading in bed (my favorite part of any good Saturday morning) I went on my first thrifting trip! Honestly, I wasn't sure what to expect.  When I was little my mom used to take me to consignment shops and participate in clothing swaps with family friends.  Looking back now, I realize what a financially and fashionably sound decision that was on her part, but at the time I absolutely hated it.  I liked my clothing to be brand new and all mine - I was embarrassed by the idea of wearing someone else's cast offs.  This was a mentality that I kept until very recently, but after reading a huge number of fashion blogs that touted the awesomeness of thrifting, I figured I better give it a shot.  

So how did it turn out?  Well I spent $63.00 and got:

5 name brand button ups (including a brand new Lily Pulizer for $6.00)
2 sweaters (one was J Crew)
a seersucker dress (I don't know if it's real seersucker, but it is still amazing)
2 belts
a tie
and a pair of high-heeled loafers

I would call that a HUGE success.  I am officially hooked.  You will see these pieces show up in upcoming outfit posts, and I'm sure there will be many return trips in my future.

Saturday night the boy and I had a cookout with friends and watched some March Madness.  This was my first year filling out a bracket and so far I'm losing miserably haha.  Oh well, it at least gives me someone to root for when watching the games.

Sunday the boy and I took Jake on a hike/trail walk where he proceeded to "swim" in the creek and get soaking wet.  He was calm and sleepy the rest of the day though so it was was worth it.

Well that about wraps it up lovies - hope you all had equally successful/relaxing weekends!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment