Thursday, March 17, 2011

Flight Report - Head in the Sand

I am sorry for the radio silence this week.  I will offer up three excuses for my absence (choose at will whichever one makes you forgive me the fastest): 

1. This week has inexplicably flown by faster than any other week in recent memory.  Maybe it's the time change or my increasing work load, but I can't quite wrap my head around the idea that tomorrow is Friday.  

2.  I am dealing with some pretty heavy family issues.  Don't worry, everyone is alive and healthy, there is just some discord that is making me (unwillingly) revisit some aspects of my past I would prefer to not think about or deal with (at least not on a daily basis).  

3.  And finally, the crisis in Japan is too horrible to put into words.  I have gone back and forth about doing a post that centered on that topic alone, but like so many others, I feel overwhelmed by the magnitude of the destruction and devastation. Instead, I've been putting off doing any sort of post at all because I don't have confidence in my own insights (especially since I've been avoiding any sort of news outlet) and yet ignoring this topic all together seems selfish and fake.  So I will just say this:  I am incredibly sorry for any loss you may have experienced as a result of this tragedy.  I hope this can serve as a reminder to all of us of the fragility of life.  And if you are able to help out financially in any way to the recovery effort, I urge you to do so.  

Now that I gotten that out, I'd like to jump right into a regular post, so here is what I was up to this weekend:

Friday I was off work.  I got a lot done around the house (mainly by tackling my giant pile of laundry), took the boy out to lunch (and rubbed it in that he had to go back to work), and took Jake to the dog park.  That evening the boy, the roomie, our favorite Richmond couple, and I all went to see the band Future Rock play at our local venue.  We have been so lucky to see so many great shows lately.  My concert calendar is dying down a little for the next two months or so, but luckily festival and summer tour season is right around the corner.  


Future Rock


The much mentioned Liz and Josh


The blurry boy - sometimes blurry pics look so much cooler than clear ones


Saturday the boy and I went to tour a local brewery and met up with a group of his friends for a free beer tasting, which then turned into lunch at another brewery, and a quick stop by a local winery.  It was a fun, vaguely blurry day that was followed by an early bedtime.  



At the brewery


The winery


Sunday, the boy's parents came up and took us out to brunch.  I have been fortunate to have always dated guys with really great families (with the exception of one beau with a crazy clepto sister - ugh I'm still mad about the CD collection she stole), but C's parents are especially wonderful.  I am so enjoying getting to know them better (his mom compliments my outfit and hair cut basically every time she sees me - how can you not love that??).  

Last night we went out for another beer tasting with friends (we sound like such sots, but I think there is something about Spring approaching that makes me want to go out and try lots of great new beers).  Beforehand the boy snapped a few great outfits shots . . . outside!  I promised that once daylight savings hit I would have better photos - and I plan to deliver (although I'm realizing that a new camera may also need to be part of the equation soon).  I will be sharing those soon enough.  

Until then lovies,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment