Friday, April 15, 2011

Flight Report - By Indian I Clearly Meant Thai . . .

Hey lovies!

So a quick and awesome correction to my post last week: the new restaurant Caleb and I tried on Friday was actually a Thai place, not an Indian place, which is pretty sweet for two main reasons. 
 
1. As much as I like Indian food, I am more than a little afraid of it.  I'm confident in my ability to order a thai dish that will taste delicious and not melt my face off.  I lack that security when it comes to Indian cuisine.

2.  Thai iced tea is the nectar of the gods.   

The food was amazing (the tea was even better - made with cinnamon and cardamom yuuuum), and interior was intimate and artsy - I think we might've found a new favorite place.  I wanted to clarify all of this now, since it is very likely that I will be dragging him over there again soon so that I can drink myself into another thai-tea-induced coma.  We also took Jake on a 3 mile hike on Sunday though, so I wasn't completely lethargic all weekend.


My two favorite boys.

As for the rest of my week, someone randomly emailed my company and offered our staff free college baseball tickets.  Since most of the people here have kids and packed schedules (and kids with packed schedules), there weren't too many takers.  But, being the unwed, childless free spirit that I am (haha) I snagged up two tickets and Tuesday night Caleb and I went to see our college team (which is number 1 in the nation by the way - yes I'm getting the dirt off my shoulder right now) play some baseball.  I don't generally like baseball (I think I might be harboring some resentment from my t-ball/softball days when I generally struck out and had to play outfield), but the game was actually pretty cool.  Caleb played from age 5 to 16, so he taught me some of the intricacies of the game (he was a pitcher, and wildly impressed me a few weeks ago when I made him throw an apple to demonstrate his skills - yes, sometimes I ask my boyfriend to do ridiculous things like throw fruit.  He generally doesn't ask too many questions and usually goes along with it to make me happy - one of the reasons we work so well together.  How has this parenthesis/tangent gotten so long?).  Anyways, we got to sit in one of the suites with a whole bunch of big important people that neither of us knew - only one other person from my work was there.  We drank their beer, ate their food, got coupons for buy one get one for $1 Ben and Jerry's, and even though the game got rained out after the 5th inning, had a pretty great time.  Whew!


The boy (oops) looking adorable at the game.



Tonight we're headed to the first Friday's After Five of the Spring/Summer and (hopefully) stopping by to get me some thai tea!  Tomorrow Jake is headed to the vet, and I plan to do some rainy day thrifting.  

Have a great weekend all!  I have big plans to post the outfit photos I finally took - but we shall see.  

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment