Thursday, April 21, 2011

Plumage - Glitzy

As promised, here is my late, but (semi) well-lit outfit post!



Cardigan, Skirt: Victoria's Secret ("borrowed" from Mom); Shirt, Necklace: Forever 21; Knee highs: Anthro (cut from tights); Heels: Rack Room Shoes.

I wore this to grab dinner/drinks with a group of friends at our favorite local hangout.  Besides having a delicious, ever-changing, locally-grown, organic menu, this place also has free beer tasting on Wednesdays - each week a different brewery comes to show off their wares.  We're hooked.  As much as I go to this place (at least 2-3 times a week for Wednesday tasting, Saturday breakfast tacos, and Sunday brunch), it's definitely hard to always look my very best.  In fact, last weekend I came and seriously carb-loaded on their ah-mazing french toast right after a 3 mile hike.  But, sometimes it's nice to dress up - especially on Wednesday when the mid-week slump is seriously sinking in.  

That is how this outfit came to be.  Well that, and a major dose of inspiration from this post over at 'Late Afternoon".  This is generally one of those style blogs that I drool over - wishing I had the bank account, the LA weather, and the 4 mile long legs to pull off these great looks. But when I saw this particular post my thought was "I already have a skirt like that!".  Now this was an especially awesome revelation because this skirt was actually my Mom's, and was borrowed (okay, stolen) from her to wear this past New Year's Eve - and as I don't generally consider my day-to-day style to be very "glitzy", it has been shoved in my bottom drawer ever since.  So incorporating it into a semi-casual, every day (evening) outfit was a major breakthrough.  I think I'm usually pretty creative with my wardrobe, but this makes me wonder how many pieces I have mentally pigeon-holed into partial disuse.  



Any ways, this is the final product.  Even though I like her outfit (and photo quality) a little better, I'm pretty darn pleased with my recreation.

Let me know what you think!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment