Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Flight Report - Turn the Page

Well my roommate has officially moved out, leaving a very empty apartment (I didn’t realize how much of our shared spaced she had furnished), and a very sad puppy in her wake.  I will still get to see her once more before she embarks on her 2 year Ecuadorian adventure, so the utter devastation has yet to begin (although I did spend quite a bit of time crying my eyes out on Friday as I rearranged my sparse furnishings).  Caleb was also out of town visiting family, so my weekend was quiet, a bit lonely, and appropriately rainy.  I powered my way through a lengthy hulu queue and spent a lot of time curled up under covers reading. 




I gave him a bowl of ice to cheer him up.  He loves crunching up the cubes – it’s very convenience that I can use them as “treats”.

I did grab breakfast with one of my close friends on Saturday.   She is returning to live with her parents this summer and is headed off to law school in the fall (seriously, people need to stop leaving – immediately) so I had to say a temporary good-bye to her as well.  Luckily, the boy returned home on Sunday morning.  We had an epic card game over a leisurely brunch which did wonders at improving my mood. 

All-in-all it was a nice weekend and I was grateful for some solo time, but it is going to take a while to get used to this whole living alone thing.  It really makes me appreciate how lucky I am to have such amazing friends, and how special this past year really was. 

Now, on to a new chapter.  Maybe I’ll take up painting?  I definitely need something  to hang on the walls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment