Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Plumage - Uniform



So I am adding “awesome camera” and “tripod” very near the top of my “must haves” list.   In the meantime, I figured that it was better to make use of my laptop camera to record my outfits rather than rely on recruiting the boy snap my pics for me. 

Here is my reasoning:   Having C take my shots means that I can only take photos after I get off work, before the sun sets (his camera is kind of wonky for indoor photos), on days I see him (granted, that is most days).  This also means that I can’t go to the gym or take Jake to the dog park after work, and I have to ask my sweet boyfriend to go outside and take pictures of me after a long day (he never complains, but I always feel bad for asking).  So, even though this is inevitably going to lead to less interesting photo shoots (say hello to my kitchen, you will be seeing lots more of it), and to shots of my upper half (good bye shoes), lower half (good bye head), close ups (for detail), and awkwardly held up shoes – this is the best I’ve come up with so far.  I’m sure future tweaking (the editing kind, not the meth addiction kind) will follow. 

Anyhow, this outfit is a pretty good example of my daily “uniform”.  Substitute a green corduroy skirt in for the shorts, and you have what I wore to work yesterday.  I changed into something a little more comfy for a dinner/drinks/cards date with the boy at our favorite beer spot.  I typically wear a button up shirt + some sort of layering + belt + either shorts (weekend/evening out), a skirt, or slacks (work) + funky heels and jewelry. 



Shirt: no idea – Christmas gift from an ex’s father years ago.  Shorts: Old Navy, also years ago.  Belt: thrifted for $1.00.  Shoes: Livewire, half off.  Earrings: jewelry maker in WV.

Easy enough, and it gets me comfortably through my day while still looking put together.  

What do you consider your "uniform"?

No comments:

Post a Comment