Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Plumage - Tie Dye and Smoke Swirls

Hmm does this background look familiar?  Well, I gave you fair warning.  This was outside the art gallery my little brother and I attempted to visit last weekend.  It was closed, which gave me the perfect oportunity to snap some photos in front of this awesome mural painted on the outside wall.


Dress: local boutique.  Scarf: F21.  Belt: thrifted.  Boots: Belk.  Earrings: Anthro

I wasn't too sure about this outfit when I was putting it together.  I've always been a fan of the belted scarf look, but never actually tried it out myself.  But when my roommate saw it and said "I hate you.  You're too cute.  Put that on your blog"  I knew I had a winner :)



In other news, this roommate I speak of, who also happens to be my lifelong best friend (since the first day of kindergarten) and soul mate (yes, that term is entirely accurate since I believe that it means one soul, two bodies, and that describes our friendship perfectly), is leaving (the apartment, the country, and most importantly, me) in less than a month.  In fact, she will be moving out in about two weeks, and will be headed to Ecuador at the beginning of June to serve in the Peace Corps for two years.  I expected to be inconsolable at this point, but instead I am blissfully ignoring the fact that my life is about to take a major shift.  Anytime someone brings it up I just give them a sad, surprised, confused look - like if they had just told a joke about killing kittens.  Of course, the other night I did burst out crying for no apparent reason while sitting on Caleb's couch (seriously freaking him out since I rarely cry, especially without motivation), so I feel like it's probably affecting me more than I realize.  So hopefully you all can cut me a little slack when my posts dip into more serious/sad/self-pitying tones (and my outfits consist of all black and mourning veils . . . kidding - but not by much).  

Ecuador stole my best friend.  Future post title?  I think yes.  


1 comment:

  1. 1) I love this! I too did the belted scarf look for the first time ever a few weeks ago and I LOVED the result.

    2) I have a friend who I refer to as my "heterosexual life partner," ha. I get it!

    ReplyDelete