Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Plumage - Blazing a Trail



Tank: American Eagle.  Jeans: Tommy Hilfiger.  Blazer: Thrifted.  Shoes: Thrifted.  Necklace: jewelry maker in West VA. 

So this is my first blazer.  Ever.  I found it in my favorite thrift store a few weeks ago (when my brother was visiting).  And I love it.  It's corduroy, with a soft, silky lining, and (as I hope this pictures illustrate) it fits me perfectly.  I also paid $12 for it.  That's a plus.  



Oh and the shoes are my first pair of loafers.  Ever.  Also thrifted.  I believe I paid a whopping $2.50 for them.   

I realize that I am bragging, and for that I apologize.  I just love thrifting so much now.  It saves me so much money, and I always have fun, new-to-me pieces to work into my wardrobe.  It's also eco-friendly and if you shop at places like Goodwill and SPCA Rummage, the money goes to a great cause.  I avidly recommend it to all of you . . . well all of you that don't live in the same town as me.  I don't want you picking over my treasures . . .

2 comments:

  1. I love thrifting too! It's like a challenge to find great things. The blazer does look great on you. The great thing about blazers is that no matter what you wear them with-jeans, skirts, etc. it always brings your outfit up a notch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree - thrifting definitely brings out my hunter/gatherer side. I just checked out your blog for the first time, you both have such great looks!

    ReplyDelete