Thursday, May 19, 2011

Plumage - Ink Incognito



Although I really hate to play favorites, I have to say that this outfit is one of the best I’ve put together in recent weeks.  It includes my favorite cardigan, new shoes, a thrift find, and a remixed piece – what could be more perfect?



Cardigan: F21; Top: Anthro dress worn as top; Skirt: thrifted; Shoes: Limelight; Necklace: Gift.



I felt beautiful and feminine, yet still professional and mature.  And thanks to a few new pairs of shoes that cover my feet tattoos (I try not to show them off in the office, and have resorted to lots of tights, socks, and pants) I could rock bare legs on this warm Spring day. 



I just realized that even though I’ve referenced them several times, I have yet to show y'all pics of my tats.  So here they are in all their inky glory.



Clover, lower back, age 16.



Celtic cross, right foot, age 18.



Lily, left foot, age 20



Deceased Grandfather’s initials, right foot above cross, age 21.

I have plans in the works for a fifth and perhaps final piece on my side/back.  I am having my little brother draw it up for me.  And what is it going to be?  What else?  A magpie :)

2 comments:

  1. This *is* a great look. I LOVE thos shoes and I am normally anti-shootie, go figure.

    My husband is covered in tattoos. If you counted them all separately he has over 30. It's funny though, because put him in a polo and chinos and he looks very every-guy J Crew. (I love that about him - that he's got all those tattoos underneath.) I have ONE - it's on the back of my neck (I never wear my hair up). I got it on the spur of the moment on a trip to Cocoa Beach in 2008. I really just wanted to see what my husband was so obsessed with! I understand it now! It really is addicting. Are the ones on your feet b&w?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! My boyfriend doesn't have any, but I'm trying to talk him into a calf piece. I find them so attractive on guys. You should post a photo of yours (if you haven't already - I'll have to check your archives). My feet are black and white. The only color is on my back. But I'm planning my bird to be all black and white with a little bit of blue on the wings (like a real magpie). Thank you for the great comment!

    ReplyDelete