Monday, February 21, 2011

Flight Report - Live Music

Happy Monday lovies!  This past week went by in such a blur (probably due in large part to my own shock over getting the job), but I wanted to share with you a few of the things I've been up to in my non-working, non-sleeping hours.  


Last Wednesday night the boy and I went to see "The Yonder Mountain String Band" in concert at our favorite local venue.  The show was really great (although I have to admit that I was feeling quite sleeping by half-way through the second set - weekday concerts are rough on us 9-5ers).  Yonder is sort of a cross-over blue grass jam band - although my roommates boyfriend who is a more traditional blue grass musician (a very, very talented one might I add) denies that they fit into the blue grass category at all.    Nevertheless, they put on a great show.  Here are a few shots we snapped:




Yep, that's the boy - Caleb (for anyone who might be curious if he actually had a name).  


On Saturday afternoon we drove to Richmond to stay with my college roommate and her boyfriend (two of my very favorite people on the planet).  Joined by them and a group of their friends, we saw Lotus in concert at the National.  I cannot accurately describe how wonderful the show was, but if you like eletronica, jam music, great dance beats (or any combination there of) definitely give them a listen (or even better, go see them in concert if you get the chance!).


I'm also uploading a few (very late) pics to my Valentines' Day post if any one cares to see what I ate or what the boy's present from me looked like.

Have a great night lovies,

Amanda





No comments:

Post a Comment