Friday, February 11, 2011

I like shiny things . . .

Without being aware of it, I have been preparing to start a blog for a long time now.  There is a folder on my computer full of pictures and quotes that inspire me.  I send my roommate an annoying amount of blog recommendations and online shopping deals.  I style up cute outfits to show my boyfriend - who would probably think I'm just as attractive with no makeup, wearing a garbage bag (a frustratingly endearing trait).  Tearing through my google reader list every morning has become one of the highlights of my day.  I am constantly inspired by others' posts, and the blogging world has shaped and guided my opinions in countless ways.  From the clothes I wear (and the way I wear them), to the books I read, or the kind of wedding I hope to have, the blogs and tumblrs I follow have a huge impact on my life.  Then suddenly (for reasons we will discuss later) I realized that I have thoughts, opinions, recommendations, and a personal style that I wants to share with all of you out there as well.  So here it goes . . .
 

Let's go back . . . I was born on a bright sunny day in California  . . . whoa, whoa, whoa! - too far back Amanda.  Ah yes, my name is Amanda.  I'm a 23 year old recent college graduate, which means I am just now (happily) exiting the ramen noodle, bar-hopping, wearing-sweatpants-in-public phase of my life. However, I'm still living on a tight budget, making my love of new and shiny things sometimes difficult to manage (thus the title of this blog was born).  But I think in order to get a real sense of who I am, what I love, and what my life is about, you'll just have to follow along . . .

Until then lovies.  
Newly yours,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment