Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Plumage - Fine Art Edition

One thing you'll learn about me is that I'm a sucker for all things art/theater/music/social awareness related - especially when they are free.  I am lucky enough to live in a town that embraces its artsy side and sponsors many of these kinds of events/exhibits.  Though I am reluctant to admit it, during my college years I did not take full advantage of all this community has to offer.  Thus, I am spending my post-college weekends trying to remedy this situation by going to concerts, trying new restaurants, and checking out as many local events as possible.  

This past weekend, the boy and I decided (okay, I decided, and he was nice enough not only to go along, but to wake up early and drive the hour back from visiting his parents to take me) to go see the new installation at the aboriginal art museum.  It was a beautiful, but windy Saturday morning, so it was nice to be indoors, exploring the wide collection of pieces bathed in natural light. There was also a free, guided tour which was equal parts informative enough to keep our interest and brief enough not to drag.  Here are some shots of us posing near the giant, pink kangaroos in the new installation room.  According to our tour guide, they symbolize the power and vibrancy of the aboriginal people, and also serve as a bold reminder of the hardships and oppression still facing these people.  




Sweater -  Pacific Sunwear. Skirt - ModCloth. Scarf: Urban Outfitters. Bag: Finch, local boutique.  


The only thing missing from these shots are my amazing shoes which were sadly cut off (boys rarely understand the importance of a full outfit shot ::sigh::).  Here is an online pic of them just so you can try and imagine the entire look  - they (and pretty much all "Irregular Choice" shoes) are like works of art for your feet:




Shoes - Oz, Irregular Choice.

Have a great night lovies! 

Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment